If you have experienced violence in your relationship, we encourage you to consider the following:
- If you are in immediate danger, contact 911.
- If you need immediate shelter/housing assistance, contact Minnesota Day One Emergency Shelter & Crisis Hotline at: 1-866-223-1111.
- Go someplace safe.
- Tell a person who will support you and/or call The Aurora Center at 612-626-9111.
- Have your medical needs attended to at a hospital or clinic.
- Think about how you can keep yourself safe for the next 72 hours. Contact The Aurora Center for information on local shelters and other resources or to discuss a safety plan or restraining order.
- Consider filing a Harassment Restraining Order or and Order for Protection. The Aurora Center may be able to assist with this or you can file a protective order on your own by accessing the MN Court Forms.
- Consider filing a police report. The Aurora Center can facilitate and support you through this process. You can contact the police on campus by dialing 911.
- Consider joining a support group for survivors of relationship violence.